View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #1352
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Do you have a source for this? Most polls I've seen on the topic suggest otherwise.
The polls are complicated. If you ask "Are you in favor of medicare 4 all?" It is strongly supported. If the question is "Are you in favor of medicare 4 all if it means losing your private health care?" then it is overwhelmingly against it. That's basically what New Era is saying in point 2.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...healthcare-for

I'm personally moderately in favor of Medicare 4 all, but it always seemed like a big mistake to run on that platform in this election. It would have been easy to fear monger against. I also don't agree with New Era that it is terrible. I don't know what it is like where he lives, but here, almost every Dr and hospital is in one of 3 major health systems, and they all take medicare for all, and most seniors I know are pretty happy with it. Medicaid is terrible usually for finding providers, but has gotten better recently.

A phased in Medicare 4 all is probably the best move forward. Go with a public option and make people like it, and it will be an easier sell to get people off their employer plans.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote