View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #49
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
io9 has also confirmed with concept artist Emmanuel Shiu that the third act battle in "Deadpool" does indeed take place on a Helicarrier. Helicarriers are the signature floating base of S.H.I.E.L.D. and are prominently featured in Marvel Studios' films; notably, Fox does not own the film rights to Helicarriers, so Shiu was asked to make this version look as different as possible from the ones in the Marvel movies, and to also make it look like parts of it had been disassembled.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...os-joker-gifts

I wonder what the point of this is? To pay homage to the great Avengers movies? Or just to get that connection with the bigger universe? Not really sure but it was still very neat and unexpected to see it in the movie.

There is obviously no way Disney is touching Deadpool with a ten foot clown pole.. at least not the version of him we have seen. So I think any crossover to that Universe can be ruled out.