View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 01:07 PM   #925
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its not the intention to make anyone cringe. However, I do believe that between sheer incompetence shared by the Liberals and Conservatives and the neglect of the Armed Forces, that it doesn't matter if we do get to 2% of the GDP in spending, we're on the verge of a unfixable Canadian Forces.

Even the new Military spending program by the Libs looks like meat the old boss, its the same as the old boss.

The original Fighter Jet Replacement program which was originally going to be in the 9 to 10 billion dollar range and now its going to be 15 billion. The new ships program is a complete mess, and the ground forces is seriously rusting out and we've lost key capabilities like air space protection for the ground troops.

Meanwhile this government is sending out troops on missions without looking at the effect of bottom line wear points.

The fact is that we have obsolete fighter planes, and we're bringing in more obsolete fighter planes that have flown in a more damaging environment.

We have frigates that are approaching over 25 years of age that can't be modernized much more and have limited capabilities and Canada can't form their own effective task forces. We have Victoria Class submarines that are 50 year old designs that are hit and miss in their deployments.

For the ground forces we have most of our armored personal carriers/fighting vehicles rusting out, the ground forces can't protect themselves from air interdiction, we have a massive shortage of personal kits.

We have too many officers, especially senior ones, not enough fighting personal and a broken procurement system.

I would say that the capabilities of the armed forces in the next 10 years is going slide down rapidly. As much as people don't think its going to happen, Canada's resources are strategic and at some point things like our arctic resource areas are going to be interesting to other nations. Trudeau wants to state that Canada is back in a loud boisterous voice and send out troops on different missions, but these deployments will break the military, the same as the military was broken after Afghanistan.

And we can't keep depending on our big brother down south to defend us while yipping at him like our participation in NATO for example is meaningful to anyone but Canada.

Recruiting is also sliding because why would you want to join an organization that clearly doesn't care about you and giving you the tools to do the job that they ask you to do.

Basically the choices are this to me. Recapitalize, I think its an impossible task.

Or truly integrate North America's defense. Take our defense budget and give it to the States, build a advanced sense system in the North with Satellite coverage in real time, moth ball our entire military and pay the American's to provide a true North American Defense strategy. Allow the American's to base their fighters that they need to in Canada. Let them patrol our coasts with their navy and come up with a resource agreement in the north and allow the american navy to protect the arctic. Allow the Americans exclusive use of Wainwright and other training areas and they can station a couple of heavy armor groups in Canada.

Allow Canadians to join the American Military without conditions. Allow Canadian defense industries unfettered access to American defense contracts.

Oh and join the American Ballistic Missile shield Program and more tightly integrate CSIS with American intelligence agencies.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote