View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #40
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
crazy grapic/chart. Would mean so much more if i had any idea what the axis are defined as???

Is the Y-axis representing time on ice to quality of comp., meaning the smaller the number the better?? Is the X-axis showing the percentage of offensive zone starts to defensive zone starts, where again, the smaller number is better? For whatever the purpose of the chart, is the position 0,0 the best possible outcome?

sorry if stupid question
While it really depends on what you value in a defenceman, I would say that you've got the intended argument of the chart. The chart is making note of how Keith faces easier competition (though the scale on the Y-axis is deceptive - it's really basically 28.9% for Keith vs. 29.6% for Gio/Weber and 29.9% for Chara), but also starts in the offensive zone far more often, leading to more offensive chances.

PPG:
Keith 0.772
Giordano 0.734
Weber 0.709
Chara 0.519

Overall, I'd say Gio most deserves it from a statistical perspective, especially given how bad the Flames generally were. But, how bad the Flames generally were works against him, as does missing 18 games due to injury.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post: