View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #1290
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I could do it, a part of me wants to know if it will be competitive, and that I wouldn't be alone before I spend the money.
I think we've got a few folks going. Not sure where an away supporters section would be, but Whitecaps supporters have reached out to me to get the conversation started on that. I'm looking into what section is the away section and what the process to get tickets in that section would be.

As for whether the match will be competitive, MLS clubs traditionally play weaker sides in these games to rest starters. I would imagine Whitecaps would play a number of squad players and prospects in the first leg, and then a stronger squad in the second leg if they need to. Whereas Cavalry would want to bring their best squad and use league games to rest players, especially as they will likely will the Spring season and already have their spot in the final.

No MLS side has been knocked out by a non-MLS side in the history of the competition since it went to a knockout format in 2011 though.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-25-2019 at 01:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: