View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #4566
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
That should be fun watching everyone who missed the exit to the collector lanes try to make the turn onto Tuscany blvd.
It's open now, I think the overhead signs are entirely new panels. It's Crowchild Trail in big letters, then Scenic Acres Link in smaller letters underneath. No mention of Tuscany Blvd (to be fair, it simply can't fit) until after you exit. Signage is the big challenge of collector/distributor lanes, because you have to somehow fit 3 or 4 different things on the same sign. Deerfoot in a few years will have the same signage issues as I said.

The solution is simple and already exists elsewhere on Stoney, northbound over the Elbow River after the 90 Ave interchange:

So what I'd have like to see is 2 copies of ground signs, one before Country Hills Blvd and one after, saying "For Scenic Acres and Tuscany Blvd, follow Crowchild Trail". Boom, no overhead sign mods required and you actually tell people where to exit for Tuscany Blvd, and much cheaper than cantilever signs that hang over the road.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote