View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #119
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think UFAs are more than welcome to explore other offers, and RFAs are more than welcome to sign offer sheets. If you've proven yourself in the NHL enough to be worth it, then good on you. I, as a Flames fan, will hate them forever though. That's my job.

But before you have played a day in the league, I don't think the NHL should be permitting the kids to pick their place. It was garbage when Lindros did it, it was silly when Tom thought he was worth it, and it'll be hilarious when 1st overall refuses to go to the Oilers. I think it should be "to enter the NHL, here's you're route."

Once you're in the NHL you can further your career however you see fit. Kulak is a wonderful example of how furthering your career can happen with another team. But Fox was not going to have an impossible path to the NHL through the Flames. If he's as good as he's projected to be, he would have been a valuable part to our blueline (at the time, so was Tom). And as much as fans may not have known about Fox as a prospect, it was a player their team was trying to add to the NHL roster which they would have quite liked.

This wasn't a move to ensure he had a career in the NHL, it was personal preference. As a paying fan of the NHL, I think my personal preference (to watch the player we drafted play on the team) would be important. If you're so fickle about where you play that you don't even want to show up for the team that drafted you (Lindros), I don't think the NHL is for you. We bend over for Lindros as the NHL was better with him - but it still sucked, and you wished him and his parents weren't so selfish. I was taught by the same school teachers as Lindros... and I should really like him. He was a good player, but he was a dink and I never liked him. Alan is more than welcome to do what he did, but I think he's a dink (I also don't jumble his name out of anger, it's playful disrespect ). He's never proven to be worth this distinction and I hope he fizzles out like Tom to balance karma in the world and not reward primadonnas.

I think we all know Johnny is going to leave someday, and if he accomplishes something with us or at least gives us an opportunity like Panarin - so be it. That's how teams are build.

But before you've even played a game? I just don't get why that's a good thing?

Last edited by Split98; 05-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote