View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #476
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Geoff Ward should never have been hired, and should have been fired already - I'm definitely not giving that guy a pass.

I just also think that this "core" is over, and I think Monahan, Backlund, and Giordano need to go.

I want Johnny extended, but the three I listed? Bye Felicia.

Rhett went off today that Darryl should be brought in. That would be the perfect way to go in my eyes. For this season, hire Darryl Sutter - and have him be a leader for this team.
I don't disagree that those three need to go but don't think you should just give those guys away either. And if you're keeping everyone else and extending Johnny then that's a retool, not a rebuild.

I've maintained since the offseason that a retool is required here. I don't think it's full scorched earth rebuild but think there is a core of 26 and under players this team can build around (+Markstrom).

Forward: Lindholm, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Dube, Zary, Pelletier (Maybe they do extend Johnny too)

Defense: Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki, Mackey, Kylington

I'd probably keep those guys as the new "core".

Monahan, Backlund, Gio, Tanev, Bennett, & Gaudreau (if you don't come to reasonable terms on an extension) should be moved. Lucic is untradeable so he can stay to be a veteran leader on the 4th line until he retires.

And yeah bringing in Darryl to end the season should be an option (Boudreau is still my first choice).

If I'm ownership I'm making that move. BT can be a lame duck GM until the end of the year and I bring in Darryl to see who's part of the solution and who can go.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: