Old 09-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
An interesting way to think about UBI

https://www.scottsantens.com/the-mon...l-basic-income

At the end of the article he links to another article that addresses the fear of inflation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Without basic income, workers in restaurants all over are making your sandwiches with a gun to their head. With basic income, the people making your sandwiches will be only those people who want to make your sandwiches. The work people do would go from being the work people feel they have no choice to do, to the work people are choosing to do more than anything else, because they have the very real freedom to not do anything at all.

Try to think about how profoundly transformative that would be. Right now, only 15% of workers are engaged by the work they do. What if 100% of workers were engaged by their work, because everyone was fully choosing to do it instead of being compelled to do it? What if employers had to offer more than a minimum wage or reduced hours in order to attract fully voluntary workers? What if startups didn't have to pay any wage and were instead able to attract passionate volunteers to work for a percentage of future profits?
To me this reads like a bunch of fantasy. Nobody wants to make your sandwich. Nobody wants to be the guy who cleans outhouses after a chili cookoff. You will never find enough people engaged in doing crappy jobs to make the system work as described. You must have incentives for many jobs, otherwise they don't get done.

Th incentive for me to go to university was having had worked crappy jobs, I knew I didn't want to do that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: