View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #45
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
For me it’s about positions of power, and (unfortunately) thanks to my job I know all too well about businesses leveraging social movements to portray a certain “we care” image, without ever doing something of substance.

I’m 100% for protesting. For most people, that’s one of the few things they can do to enact change (aside from voting, which is obviously more important). For large, wealthy corporations, though, there needs to be more than posturing and protesting. If the issue is important to you as a business, or as employees/players/whatever, it should go beyond a few cancelled games or a moment.

Personally, I saw the manufactured moment at the beginning of the qualifiers and I cringed a bit, because I saw the branding that went into it, the careful positioning of players, it was a made for TV moment. I don’t doubt that for some of the guys their heart is in it, but it couldn’t just be authentic, it had to sell something. And that bothers me.
Damn, based on your previous opinions, I thought it was all about luck and bounces.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote