View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 07:40 PM   #201
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
If you're a fan of the original 1987 Robocop movie, there's a 4-part documentary series called "Robodoc" that came out recently. I just finished watching the 2nd episode and it's really good so far. Easily one of the most exhaustive docs I've ever seen on the making of a movie. Tons of rare behind the scenes stuff and great interviews with the entire cast and crew.

Well worth checking out if you grew up watching it like I did.

So I'm just starting E4 the final episode. Paul Verhoeven is a maniac.

It is so, so funny, I love it! All of the Cast and Crew are telling all of these insane stories about how this guy is genuinely unhinged....and how much they all loved it.

They couch it in the guise of being passionate of his craft, and I can appreciate that to a point, but make no mistake about it...that man is nothing short of a proper lunatic.

My God...the 80s must have been wild. You cant possibly do these kinds of things in Cinema production anymore.

Where is Gala? Have you seen this kind of thing in your career? I don't think you could get away with this kind of thing anymore. These stories are unreal.

I thought they had a Union.

"What are you guys doing here? Filming a movie? Really? You practically launched a sub-urban Dallas Gas Station into orbit!"

*shrugs*

So amazing.

They're telling the locals to GTF away and the actors are looking at each other like:

"Its not safe for them from 100 yards away? But we're right here tho..."

Verhoeven: "Ja! Ja! Make ze explosion!!"

That guy was 100% out his goddamned mind.

Wild stuff man. Wild, wild stuff.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: