View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 11:28 PM   #5816
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I don't really have much of a dislike for Pelosi, but I am in favour of peaceful co-development between China and the West, and I see this much more as a provocative move at a time when tensions and relationships have already been heading in the wrong direction. A Pelosi visit is quite different from a visit by Trump's Secretary of Health, as should be pretty evident by the media coverage, by the hundreds of thousands watching her flight tracker, and by the response of the markets. Pelosi visiting is a much bigger statement, and it's an unnecessary statement imo.
Peaceful co-development between China and the West should not continue to happen so long as China maintains its beligerence over Taiwan. Western nations should absolutely refuse to work with China, and call the CCP out on its outright lies (the '1992 consensus'), when it comes to China's position regarding one of the strongest, most vibrant democracies in Asia.

China should be pressured relentlessly to, at the very least, drop its objections to Taiwan participating fully in such international forums as the World Health Organization and the International Civil Aviation Organization.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post: