View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 09:49 AM   #28
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Every game developer charges full price for their game any time a new one comes out so that's not new. Know of any who charge a minimal amount for a new game that comes out replacing their older version? I sure dont.

Every game these days seems to toss in some sort of microtransaction shop, whether its for cards, player skins, gun skins etc so again its not out of the ordinary, its rarely FORCED on you to participate in buying these things.

Nobody is forcing you to buy microtransactions, perhaps if you're a HUT fanatic you may feel forced, but that's 1 aspect of the game and you're entitled to play other modes free of any additional cost.

New engine, new rosters, new graphics, new animations.
There's lots of "new" things what more are you expecting? What is "meaningful change" to you that you haven't seen in 1 gameplay trailer?
corsi mostly touched on this already, but I don't think your reply is an accurate picture of the situation. Sure, developers charge full price for new games. But they also often charge reduced prices for expansions or even sometimes free upgrades. Outside of EA, are there any series that put out games every single year for full price?

Regarding microtransactions, sure no one forces me to buy them, but try playing other modes since HUT became a thing. Their development has been minimal compared to the mode that generates extra revenue. And I get the business decision to do it, I just feel it invalidates your point.

Meaningful change means that every year the EA marketing team says the exact same things. Bigger hits, better dekes, etc. But at the end of the day, gameplay is pretty much the same as 10-15 years ago. So at this point I'm not sure how many new engines or platforms they need to make a game that actually plays like hockey.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote