View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 02:45 AM   #30
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I think that - barring some great offer - the Flames should keep Monahan.

I do think that Monahan's price has fallen. People will say that he can't score any longer, and that he just 'lost it' or has had too many injuries. I don't think he has 'lost it', but I won't argue the 'too many injuries' angle. However, too many injuries to different parts of the body isn't as bad as the same recurring injury either.

IIRC, Monahan was doing well for the first few weeks of the year until he hurt his hip (as far as I can tell).

I think you keep him. This team is going to need goals next season, and he is money (pun intended) on the shootouts too.

I don't like his lack of footspeed, and I don't like his lack of physicality (I feel that if someone is slow, they should make up for it by being physical). However, Monahan is an incredibly underrated playmaker, and he can score 30+ goals a season.

If a team won't offer fair value, keep him. I don't think this core needs a 'shake-up' as much as it needed a decent coach. That's the shake-up for me. If good deals come through, great. If not, I would rather not see players being traded for pennies on the dollar.

I am betting that Sutter fixes a lot of what was wrong with this team. I like how he has already told the team to take their off-season training more seriously. That's what Hartley did too, and that's the last time I would say this team exceeded expectations.

This team is better than what it has shown, but they were practicing and playing like the Dallas Eakins era Oilers. Now they're not, and I can't wait to see what this team is really like.

Jagr spoke about faster skaters getting to the wrong place quickly.

Depending what you are doing, if you are smart enough you don’t necessarily need to stoop to relying on physicality
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote