View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #2041
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I've upgraded my SE (similar guts to KTrain's 6S) and have also had no issues. That is a far cry from the days of the iPhone 4/4S when a new update could cripple you for a good long while. Even last year with iOS 11 I felt things got a bit slower for a few months before they worked the kinks out. This is really impressive so far.
Fully agree. I updated my old iPhone 6 based on the feedback in this thread and elsewhere. So far so good. Seems slightly snappier, but definitely not any worse.

This is great news because I'm perfectly happy with my phone, and I'm on a BYOP plan that I will never relinquish so I will be buying my next phone outright (and will look at both Androids and iPhones). This allows me to defer that purchase for a while longer.

This may seem counter intuitive for Apple to "allow" my old phone to work this well, but it is all about the ecosystem these days. If my phone slowed to molasses after updating to iOS12, I might start shopping around, and it may not be Apple getting my next hardware (and thus any subsequent) dollars. But they've got me for a while longer.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote