View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #294
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Thanks for the insights! My current pull list consists of JL, Action Comics, Batman, Aquaman, Doomsday Clock & Wonder Woman (kinda DC heavy lol). I really just want to read 1 book a month at Marvel and I tried Avengers Hickman run but there were soooo many tie-ins I had to drop it. Thought it would be cool to pick 1 character and read up on them, I really like Captain America but I saw online people hated his book so I stayed away. I was also thinking Iron-Man but I don't know if Tony Start is still Iron Man? I enjoy Marvel Characters like Ghost Rider , Blade or Dr. Strange just looking for cool art with self contained stories and no need for tie-ins!
If you're looking to avoid tie-ins, I'd avoid the major team based comics. X-Men, Avengers, etc....the problem is that they have so many characters that it's difficult to fit everything in one title. On top of that many of the individual characters have their own stories too, and then you end up with splinter groups. Smaller groups like the Fantastic Four may be alright.

It sounds like you are into lighter fare. I'm hearing great things about Moon Knight, although that's supposed to be quite dark and heavy, so may not be for you. Of all the more mainstream Marvel title, I see the Thor on a lot of best reviewed lists. Honestly, it sounds like you may just have to try a bunch of comics to find what tone you like best. I would start with Spiderman, Thor, and Ironman. I'm also hearing good things about Ironman's current run with Dr. Doom as Ironman. Spiderman is always just a classic. He's generally pretty self-contained but you'll typically get about 3-4 separate Spiderman comics out at any given time.

Edit: Spiderman looks to only have "The Amazing Spiderman" and the "Spectacular Spiderman" with mainstream continuity Spiderman.

Last edited by blankall; 11-28-2017 at 02:10 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote