View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

People don't get permabanned for an incidence of swearing (it would have to be incredibly egregious or be a pattern of disregard).

It's not a false dichotomy in the context that I'm trying to discuss, we don't have the luxury of infinite resources or desire. I would love to be able to take the time for each individual post and dig into it and make a thoughtful and well supported judgment as to whether the post has any merit or not. But I don't.

So yes I would love to make the line more clear, that's why I asked PepsiFree and anyone else if they have a simple set of criteria that can be applied to every post to determine if it's hate speech in a clear and unambiguous way.

Identifying a NSFW post, a post that violates copyright, calling someone a name, are all easily identified thus easy to action. Identifying when something crosses the line from honestly held criticisms of an idea to hate isn't as easy (don't overfocus on one single example, I'm talking about the whole process of evaluating all posts on such threads).

And incidentally your way of discussing this is itself inflammatory. Calling me "Mr.Mod", etc, if you can't discuss in an impartial way trying to understand where I'm coming from, then please don't post in the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: