View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #266
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's also clearly absurd because anyone with a brain realizes that in societies with extremely strong traditional marriage institutions, now and throughout history, there was still plenty of sexual assault and sexual harassment. And because I don't think Peterson is a total ####ing moron (which is a different thing from having some batcrap loony views), I'm confident that he knows that, and would therefore not agree with the clearly absurd view you've attributed to him. So you're right that I'm being charitable, but I think for good reason.
Again, he's had the opportunity to walk it back and elaborate on it and from what I understand of the book (based I think on the article you posted) he's chosen to double-down, so I'm not going to give him benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
I don't think that's what the tweet says at all. I think its suggesting that casual sexual relationships and a lack of understanding that partners would typically have in a marriage, result in more murkiness about consent and sexual boundaries (between the partners). Which is probably true.
This is completely grasping at straws. There's no way you could possibly discern that from the words in the tweet, and it's pretty nonsensical and problematic given the context of what he was tweeting about.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote