View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #2832
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
How do you think they found out he was gone and where he was if nobody was told and even a calendar wasn’t updated?

Those dots don’t really connect, do they?
Oh, so we're just assuming that Gondek is lying and she was informed Nenshi left?

Again, a simple email that's been requested multiple times (or at least some variation of communication). That's all it would have taken to stop this ridiculous embarrassing petty article. Here, it took me all of 10 seconds to draft, it will take him 2 seconds to fill out.

"Dear Councillor XXXX,

You will be assigned as the deputy mayor during the month of XXXX. I will be unavailable for in-person commitments on (dates). I will/will not have access to email during this time.

Thanks,
Mayor Naheed Nenshi"

What's the harm in doing that? It's obvious that not doing it the cons include annoying your fellow council, getting them to complain to media and attack you on twitter, but what's the reasoning for Nenshi to not send one? I can't see one.

I do think it's petty and I've wasted more time on it than I should have. At best Gondek should have posted in the WRGMG thread instead of contacting media, but the apparent refusal of Nenshi to just respectfully communicate when he's leaving town isn't some crazy request. And his, apparent, refusal to follow through with that request shouldn't be defended.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 07-11-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote