View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #1123
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I can provide 1 example, the 2014/2015 Calgary Flames and their players. Another example would be the same team this year.
Poor possession stats last year, team found success. Better possession stats this year and here we are, talking about Finns and Matthews. [/QUOTE]

The flames are exactly where their underlying stats say they should be. As for last year, you understand probability I imagine? Players and teams in every sport outperform their expectations every year. Is Clarkson a 30 goal scorer? Or do outliers exist that don't disprove the rule?
Quote:
There are a ton of different types of fans who follow the game. some people cannot just watch a game for the sake of watching it, they need to fill their heads with a stock ticker of stats and percentages to find any use in watching the game. But this isn't baseball or Football. It's not a linear sport of limited moves per play.
I love watching sports and want my team to improve. Therefore I like to understand more of it. Strange thing to be belittled about. Just because hockey isn't segmented doesn't mean there aren't important underlying repeatable events that can be tracked