View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #19
Knut

Exp:

My horrible United Experiences

1) We arrived 2 hours before flight time for a trip to Florida. We had booked VIA Aeroplan (star Alliance). When we arrived we were told we had to pay $60 for our 6 month old son. Which made no sense. We just wanted to pay it and then call and get reimbursed later. They did not take Cash (US or CAN) and their Visa system was not working. After 45 minutes the payment finally went through, but it was now too late for us to get through security and onto the plane.. So they spent another hour trying to get us onto an Air Canada flight. The Air Canada flight they booked us on was overbooked, but they just wanted to get rid of us. Air Canada was able to find as a different flight and were super nice in comparison

2) Flying back from Florida, same trip, we made sure to arrive at the Airport 4 hours early. They did not allow us to check in our infant early, so we wanted to make sure there were no issues. When we got there we paid the $60 for him (why ?? no one could tell us why he would have to pay $60) and got checked in. However, they put my 3 year old by himself in a middle seat 20 rows away from the rest of us. All of us were spread out in middle seats throughout the plane. The staff told us it was our responsibility to get another customer to switch seats so that we could sit with our kid.

Horrible... we do not even look at United when we search for flights. I would gladly pay more for us not to take them.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post: