View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #24
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well the "farm team system" isn't a big deal. But when you start to see players loaned/leaving on a free to the other clubs then it's a problem. For a sport that has enough questionable things taking place as it is, this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.
exactly. It's something that I've unfortunately seen a lot over the past few years, with RB Salzburg slowly turning into a feeder club for RB Leipzig. So far, 16 players have been "sold" from Salzburg to Leipzig, and I've lost track of the various loans between the clubs. At first, we all laughed about the "transfer fees" when a player moved from Salzburg to Leipzig, but it seems those were cleverly calculated to circumvent FFP. Sadly, that kind of #### is still tolerated in world football (the Pozzo family and their Udinese-Watford-Granada network is another example) and it seems to get worse.

Meanwhile, Kelechi Iheanacho FINALLY gets his move to Leicester for £25m. City have a £50m buy-back clause. Makes sense for all parties I think.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote