View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #10
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
see, I don't understand this argument at all. People point at the fee and tie it to Van Dijks performances at Liverpool these days, but back then Liverpool was ridiculed by A LOT of people. Van Dijk was really solid at Southampton, but certainly not the superstar he is today. I'd argue he wasn't better back then than Maguire has been at Leicester. Also, the rumour is 60m plus 20m in add-ons, but that just doesn't sound as dramatic, right? Always glass half empty these days ...

I'd love to have Maguire at United. He's a beast in the air and really good with the ball, and a back four of Wan-Bissaka/Lindelof/Maguire/Shaw would be a huge improvement over last year and also has a lot of upside still. So I hope it happens. It's a ton of money, but hey, it's a crazy market. Tyrone frigging Mings costs 20m plus 6m in add-ons, that's how effed up things are. Clubs just don't need the money and won't sell unless it's a ridiculous offer, and it won't change anytime soon. Mmight as well accept that.
The add-on’s are just delayed payment, never heard those not being quantified as money. These fees just further inflate, what the club is asked for “above average” players. Van Dijk was absolutely better than Maguire the year before their transfers.

Embarrassing, apologetic revisionism.

Media blows up Maguire after the WC, and naturally being English inflates his value. Yes he’s good, not highest CB transfer ever good.

Lindelof in there, is sobering also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Club is a shambles at the moment and if reports are true it's getting no better.

Wage structure is out of control with De Gea asking for significantly more than Sanchez's 350k/week. Whilst he's right on the one hand on asking for more than Sanchez (tealady would be justified for asking for more). They need to put a cap on it and say that was a huge mistake which won't be happening again.

They've gotta farm Sanchez out somewhere. Having that Pos in the dressing room with players looking over and seeing his wages leads to nothing but resentment.

I'm more interested in and will judge the off season by who they get rid of just as much as who they bring in. Could care less if Maguire comes at that price.
Apparently Sanchez is getting the chance at #9, with Lukakus departure. Lol I’d rather have Zidane’s problem with Bale.

If De Gea doesn’t sign, needs to be sold within the year.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote