View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #686
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post
Really does anyone care that Hollywood is devolving into a incestious clown orgy? The quality of film being produced has taken a backseat to product placement and re-hashing old glory for quite a stretch now. "Oh cool, Spider-Man 38 is out, lemme grab my Dr Pepper durrr." The methodology they use for producing, promoting and selling movies reads like a line from a Easy E song. Make a mill here make a mill there #### a bitch here #### a bitch there yeaaaahhh.

And the masses rejoice.
I don't think it's devolved into anything. It's always been this way, if not worse, from the days of "Talkies" onwards. The "casting couch" isn't a new phenomenon.

Also, while it's off topic, I think movie making continues to get better and better partly due to technology and partly due to the natural evolution of the art form. Of course, if you're focusing on commercial films that are solely intended for mindless entertainment and making gobs of money, then you certainly won't be impressed by the quality of the product. The interesting thing in Hollywood now is that studios, actors, directors and producers make the fluff films to make lots of money and many of them use some of that money to create their passion-products which are often the best films every year but generally not commercially successful.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Slinger For This Useful Post: