View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #36
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The tone of the final email rubbed me the wrong way too, but you seem to recognize the information he was able to offer and seem grateful regardless. That's good, but I think you're justified in thinking that final message was off-putting.

The person shot himself in the foot by burning the bridge of cross-referrals and word of mouth, IMO. Had he known someone in the same industry that he could help out it would find returns. I've found that's a big thing especially for small businesses, regardless how far you're separated. Whenever someone gives me a lead to another service I always let that service know who sent me and I'm more likely to refer to them first.

This a thousand times, audio, especially second hand is a small niche area, and Calgary and Vancouver are two cities where if you have half a brain you make sure you have a contact in your opposite city, you pass clients on to them and they back to you.

He may not be a dick but he is a moron, he isnt losing any business because it wasnt there in the first place, what he has done though is lost a potential referral from a grateful shop in Vancouver (well Surrey, again go to Innovative Audio) returning a favour and the possibility that he builds a good reputation and more referrals from people in Calgary, this story could just as easily be in the 'hey I found a great shop, you guys should go there' than in the 'Hey guys was he being a dick?' section.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: