View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #31
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I am not really sure what he might have been exasperated about. What I posted was our entire exchange, start to finish. So, basically those 3 emails from me, plus the apology for seeming to piss him off.

He's in Canada, but not Van; I didn't want to post any identifying info. If the stuff was valuable enough to move, I would have made the trip to Van to pick it up, but since it doesn't seem like it is, it would make sense (to me) to just sell it in Van instead.

With respect to the models, I basically browsed that site, saw an ad for the same model of turntable (mk1), found the business info and emailed him what I posted here thus beginning this (sans pics). I assume he mentioned the mk2/mk3 because they are probably more sought after than the earlier mk1 so as to temper my expectations.
It's possible that his exasperation isn't in a vacuum with you. It's possible something else happened and you just kinda wandered in at the wrong time and he blew up. Sure, as a business you're kinda expected to grin and bear it, but with Covid, it's possible he's dealing with a lot of dead ends and people basically wasting his time and/or other unrelated powder kegs just waiting to go off.

I think most of us agree you can walk back into the world with the understanding it was a bit of a misunderstanding and no one was being an ass on purpose. Most of us would probably quickly forget about an exchange like this, but if it's still really bugging you, I guess you can leave a positive review or something like that along the lines of, "This dude spent the time to have a detailed and informative discussion with me about some equipment. I didn't end up completing a transaction with him, but I don't have issues saying he's knows his stuff." and then emailing him again to further your apology and thanking him for his time?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: