Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #27
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whether you use e-cigs vs actual cigs, doesn't matter to me. If you are serious in thinking about quitting, my first reply to you is not to bother considering such a crazy leap.

Rather than thinking about quitting, you should be considering REDUCING your use. No excuses matter here because it's easily doable.

I challenged a buddy to reduce from 4 packs a day to half that in 3-4 months. He got to 4 packs in 2 months (Crazy leap). Every 2 months I asked him to half that mainly for financial reasons, but told him that if health was another concern to him, it was a good goal too. 6 months later, he was at half a cig to 2 cigs a day (about a pack to less than a pack a week). It was around then that I said that he was in range to quit entirely if he wanted to.

If this is too extreme for you, consider reducing by 1/4 per 2 months. In 1 year, you should be down to 1/4 of that you started off with. But you have to be honest with yourself. Try quitting when you're at 2 a day. Personally for me, the biggest hurdle was that itch to do something with your hands.

And don't let people bull#### you with a contradictory belief. Smoking is cool. It makes you feel good/better when you do it. When quitting, what you're truly trying to pry yourself away from at times is the reliance on that cool image (worse when you have lots of smoking buddies) / that feeling of relaxation that comes with smoking and instead rely on yourself for that feeling.

Here's something to chew on if you want to quit... I really need to figure out why posting youtube clips using the youtube tags for me keeps turning up white blanks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_YZ_PtMkw0

Last edited by DoubleF; 08-04-2014 at 02:09 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote