View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #1030
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Some in the media are suggesting a blue tsunami this fall, but call me skeptical. It would be great to see Trump utterly get destroyed this time around, just to see his ego hurt but the way the US has major issues with voter suppression, gerrymandering and the like, I am not that optimistic. Win sure, but no massive Senate takeover by the dems.
The senate will be difficult just because of the math of the seats up for grabs and you are starting to see some distancing from the administration. Not because of the goodness of their hearts but because they want re-election. That will limit a Tsunami. I do hope there are a few blue surprises on the president front because something needs to force the GOP back to the center. And we are still a long ways out. Biden will have to have strong debates because somehow senility is perceived as an issue for him but not the other guy.

In other news, DeVos with a horrible day. Not unexpected given who she is but a bad interview where she showed she has no understanding about education funding (just like her orange boss). And people have linked the push by Trump and DeVos to open school to the CDC saying said that the death rate of children is 0.02 % (it could be higher than that). Thats 20 dead children for every 100,000 infected. But of course we all know schools are never petri dishes with every little disease so it’ll be fine.

I understand you need to make decisions on numbers and statistics. Sometimes difficult ones. But you don’t want to mess with people’s children. This is likely to make a hell of an ad this week.

Oh and the whitehouse is starting to trash Fauci because he has publicly disagreed with Trump.

Last edited by ernie; 07-13-2020 at 06:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: