View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I agree with him except about Calgary's backups. Even there, I agree it's a concern, but I disagree that Calgary should be looking for backup help now. Calgary needs to find out what they have with a bigger NHL sample from Gillies or Rittich. The experienced backup thing with Lack was a failure and resulted in Smith playing too much. I think Rittich showed he can play a solid backup role (sure he couldn't handle emergency number one when Smith went down but he was perfectly fine as a backup).
I also think Gillies showed a lot of positives. He had a few notable gaffes at the start of games - but something that strikes me as promising is that after those silly goals went in, he gathered himself and played very well after them. That's a good mental make-up and very promising.

I think Gillies could be one of the players that really makes his mark this year.

Rittich definitely fell apart after Smith went down with an injury, but so did team play - it wasn't all on Ritter.

With Rittich and Gillies battling it out, I think we're pretty good in the pipes. I really do believe Gillies is going to have an impressive year.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: