View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #41
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Glen Gulutzan was the worst thing to happen to his career. I expect him to explode under a new coach.

He should be a Flame for a long time. This team is better with him than without, especially come playoff time where he elevates his game with the reduction of soft whistles.
Why was Glen Gulutzan the worst thing to happen to him? And what signs do you see from him that he would 'explode' under a new coach? Genuinely interested in your opinion, not being an a-hole.

For me, I'm not seeing the skill set for him to become a star in this league. I think his ceiling will be a gritty power forward who puts up 40-50pts. I try not to think of his draft position when evaluating him, I believe he makes the team better and will be great for our depth when his game matures a bit more.

I don't think GG has neutered his play. Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Backlund and Ferland are all having or have had career years under GG... so why can't Bennett? He probably needs better linemates, however that isn't GG's fault IMO. Where should he be playing? The top line - I don't see a spot for him there. The 3M? I don't think there is a conceivable reason to break that one up. I think BT needs to pick up a good veteran player for the 3rd line... it might help... it might not.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote