View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
I am not an NBA cap guru but from what I understand the Raptors will have a fair bit of cap space after this season with Gasol and Ibaka's contracts expiring. They will have to re-sign FVV who should be getting a nice raise. The 2020 free agent class from what I understand isn't incredible, but the 2021 free agent class is supposed to be similar to this previous offseason's, and the Raptors are set up very nicely to land some significant pieces with very little on the books.
Yeah, you're right, the Lowry extension signals that they're definitely eyeing that offseason, and of course Raptors' rumoured interest in Giannis would make a lot of sense. They could have Siakam, Anunoby and FVV under contract with about 55 million to spend. Realistically, they probably try to keep/develop some young guys, so maybe another $10 million on rotational depth, which this team seems to be great at finding/developing. That leaves maybe a $12,000,000 contract for Kyle if there's mutual interest there, and still enough for a max free agent like Giannis. They need a couple other young guys to succeed, but fortunately they own all their future first-rounders going forward, which is kinda rare for a team that just went all-in on a championship.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote