View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 08:16 PM   #1300
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
If BC United is involved, you can be almost certain that it's exaggerated or fabricated. They're not much better than the UCP.
Wait, you're saying CBC is also reporting on a falsehood? That the Northern Health Region didn't write that memo and distribute it to hospital staff last July? Or that the Province is lying in their acknowledgement of the memo and their response to it? Or that it's some kind of conspiracy by the main stream media? I am not sure I understand.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...memo-1.7163121

Memo from last July in Northern Health hospital had advised nurses to not impede patients using illicit drugs

The memo, sent out to staff at the G.R. Baker Hospital in Quesnel, B.C., last July, asks them not to search through patients' personal belongings and take away substances. It also tells staff not to restrict visitors if they suspect they are dropping off illicit substances, and also not to confiscate weapons if they are found.

While the province says the advice in the memo has since been superseded, the memo sparked concerns for nurses' safety and well-being in the workplace from both opposition politicians and the provincial nurses' union.

"The entire memo is outrageous," said B.C. United MLA Shirley Bond during question period.

Jennifer Whiteside, B.C.'s minister of mental health and addictions, said the decriminalization pilot project is one of the tools being used by the province as it grapples with a deadly toxic drug crisis that has claimed thousands of lives.

EDIT: I don't know much about "BC United" and your distrust of them but they could be the literal devil AND they could still have leaked a real and stupid memo with really stupid policies that the public should know about. Both can be true at the same time.

Last edited by chemgear; 04-04-2024 at 08:21 PM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote