Thread: [Game Takes] Blues 5 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #31
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I think the Hurricanes have a mixture of elements, and you're right it may not be that they're chasing the game.

The Oilers finished second in hits last year though, a classic example of a team that didn't have the puck and was chasing the game all season.

The stat itself isn't indicative on it's own, and with what we've seen in the past (LA was hilarious for hits and shots for example) counts can be market specific.

Carolina wasn't high in the past few seasons though, so it's possible Brind'amour has them finishing checks.

To me though I don't see a lot of games where I think to myself "that team is scared". Zadorov took liberties with Bennett last night and he got after him. If you are worried about the lack of physicality on the team it's a good sign that Bennett seems to be moving up the roster.
Bennett and Hathaway and Neal and Tkachuk and Stone... BUT the LB8 with a majority of the TOI kicked in with 1 hit against the Avs and shows show a structural problem in the organization.

Prout and Pelusso even being on the roster show that Peters understands that there is a problem.

LB8 - The 8 Lady Byng Contenders (7 when Hamonic returns)