View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #1314
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
No idea what he will be asking for but I imagine it's going to be in the range of $5 million a season seeing it's his last shot at a big deal. He wasn't as good last season but a .908 SV% behind that defense in the down season isn't terrible. He was the only reason they made the playoffs the season before and IMO they just rode him too hard and the burden of having to steal all those games was going to catch up with them. Treliving tried to trade for him when the Oilers got him so there may still be interest so if he gets to free agency I feel that the Flames would have interest unless his game totally falls off the map this season. I have to think the Oilers will try to keep him seeing they don't have a lot of options to turn to within the organization.
That's a good point. I am honestly not adverse to the Flames pursuing Talbot—and the schadenfreude of him finding success in Calgary would be absolutely delicious—but he is probably #3 or 4 on my list of goaltending targets this summer. Bobrovsky is likely a pipe dream, but I think I would set my focus on Varlamov before Talbot.

Anyhow...

No. Not even the ghost of 2017-vintage Cam Talbot can save the Edmonton Oilers.

No one can.

No one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: