View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #323
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was the danger in signing Ryan - he seemed to get a lot of opportunity in Carolina (IIRC, especially his offensive zone starts), and this increased his point production. With him finding himself pushed down the lineup more, it will be hard-pressed for him to see the same results here.

Also, Stajan was overpaid, but was he really a worse 4th liner? Stajan was important for two reasons - he took a lot of defensive assignments and he was a leader on the team. Now, if Ryan starts finding ways to produce from the 4th line, or injuries occur and he moves up the lineup and produces there, then great. However, if he doesn't produce much more than Stajan, then I will argue that he isn't an upgrade on Stajan, at the very least not a noteworthy upgrade.

Neal and Ryan both have to find a way to get going here. I think it is safe to say that they both have looked good in spurts here and there (especially in the preseason), but they will have to find a way to contribute.

I do find plays dying on Frolik's stick this season thus far, but one thing that can't be ignored is how much of a worker he is and how valuable he is on the forecheck and in a defensive role.
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote