View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #81
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I don't know if the Flying Clubs out at Springbank still offer "Discovery Flights" but that would be a good and relatively inexpensive idea as well.
I think almost every flying school out at Springbank offers the discovery flights. Usually a choice between a half hour or full hour. I would maybe wait a few years to take your daughter Buzzard, unless she is really tall she might not get a great view from the left hand seat. Perhaps call and ask if they have a pillow or other booster that would allow her to see over the instrument panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Oh yeah, we've been doing that for years. In fact that might have been where the interest started, as I've been a bit of a plane spotter nerd for some time also. Many Peter's burgers, milkshakes and Ice Caps have been consumed over off McKnight. It's a pretty crappy viewing area though. Hopefully the new terminal/runway will provide better spotting areas.
Do you only spot at the McKnight area? There are many more spots that are great depending on what runways are in use.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote