Old 09-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Pacific
Flames: Unknown, could go either way

This is a team that should take a step backward. All their weaknesses were exposed by a one line team during the playoffs, so everyone should know how to beat the Flames this season. The small fast skilled Flames team was not fast nor skilled enough in the post season, and they got dummied by the faster bigger (nee buggers) and more skilled Avalanche. With Tkachuk holding out that is a big piece that is missing from the lineup. This looks like a team standing pat or getting slightly weaker. We won't know until the team breaks camp and the final roster is set. If DSP and Rinaldo find roster spots over the likes of Czarnik, this may be a tougher team to play against and may even be better than they were last season. Standing pat would be a mistake, so camp is going to be telling. Depends on the mix...
It was five games. I don’t believe the Flames were fatally “exposed.” The disappointing playoff results were a combination of several factors—a lot of them out of the control of either team, and I suspect that every NHL coach is still well aware of how dangerous a team the Flames still are.

I think the Flames likely take a small step back this year, but I still believe they win the Division. It will be a tight race with VGK, but ultimately I think the Flames depth up front and on the blue line prevails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote