View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

It’s cool that you put that much effort into it, but I have to agree that it just doesn’t seem that interesting. Why would this be better than the all-star game or the World Cup? Those at least have some draw outside the usual, because you’re putting together players that don’t usually play together. This is just seems like a pointless preseason tournament between NHL teams. It’s like the playoffs, but with literally everything that makes the playoffs good removed, and some gimmicky rules added.

I think the main question is: what desire does this fill? I know why I’m tuning into the all-star game or the World Cup. Why am I tuning into this outside of it being hockey to watch? As said, you’d get the fans who will watch anyone (people watch the rookie games, so, you know), but how are you getting fans outside of this? How are you actually selling tickets to a meaningless preseason tournament?

Kudos for the effort though. Just can’t imagine it having any draw. Maybe as an additional throw in to the preseason, but it doesn’t come close to replacing even the all-star game, let alone that and the World Cup.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote