View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #405
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR449 View Post
Does anyone here who works up in the higher rankings confirm is companies are having hiring freezes during this fall/ winter? Just looking out for insight on the current job seeking landscape.
Here's my theory (which is also playing out where I'm working):

Back in March/April when everything hit, many companies were already struggling and used the pandemic to downsize heavily.

We re-forecasted our budgets and cut our workforce (both permanently and temporarily depending on the situation). This came with immediate hiring freezes. For some industries, the financial fallout continues and these businesses will obviously struggle.

As business resumed with the Phase 1 re-entry, our organization definitely saw a hit in revenue but it wasn't as bad as expected. Much of the work is still there, called back employees who were temp laid off, and we are now in the midst of re-hiring. The hiring freeze has been somewhat relaxed.

I don't think our total work force will be as a high as it was before, but we thought the remainder of 2020 would be disastrous but so far that isn't the case (although it isn't great either).

I imagine many businesses. depending on industry, likely had a similar experience. They probably downsized a little too much and are beginning to re-hire.

My two worthless cents.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post: