View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 08:41 AM   #13965
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Yup. Tax divisions are one of the only regulatory bodies out there that get to say you're guilty until proven innocent.

And people have to consider the CRA like a business. They're in the business of collecting the most money according to their rules with as little effort as possible to show a higher profit margin.

The CERB complaints mentioned earlier make me chuckle. Halfway through that program, I started believing that a portion of that program was a honey pot trap and CRA might have been using it to figure out which taxpayers to put a target on, and then start to investigate affiliated and related parties and consider putting a target on them too. One CRA puts a target on you once, they will badger you more often than someone who doesn't have a target on them. I haven't heard so many simultaneous anecdotes of the CRA having enough reason and evidence to investigate past the 3 year reassessment limitation than via the use of CERB audits.
Lol!! Almost certainly and its funny because I was thinking the same way too.

For instance, I could have applied for those loans. I thought about it. Invest the money for a few years, get a bunch forgiven and when the time was just liquidate the investment and pay it back.

But for starters that wasnt the 'Spirit' or purpose of the loan and since my business wasn't really negatively affected I felt it to be unethical.

But I also think you're absolutely right. I think CRA may have dangled some cash out there on a hook to see who might take it and then come back around on them later.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: