View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 01:03 PM   #49
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I really do not understand what the end game is in the minds of the Palestinian groups (Hamas in particular) who partook in this ambush.

I imagine the "peace accord" with the Saudis was the impetus for this, but how is this helping themselves at all?

Just goes on and on and on over there. So sad on so many fronts.

Bidens job just got a LOT more difficult as well.

Ugh.
It's interesting to think about for sure. I wonder if some Palestinians still genuinely believe that there will be some kind of total victory against Israel and that Israel will cease to exist?

As for Biden, this will definitely have major implications on the US election, particularly if it skewers the Saudi deal. This is what Iran and Russia, who supply Hamas with their weapons, want.

Theoretically, Israel could parlay this whole thing into some kind of cooperative deal with the Arab League, where they unite against Iran and work to disarm Hamas. I don't see that happening with a war hawk like Netanyahu in power. Netanyahu is also crafty and extremely intelligent, so I guess you never know. But unfortunately, I think the end result of all of this is going to be a lot of dead Palestinians.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote