Thread: Crysis 2
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I always considered Crysis to be one of the best single player games I've played in a long time and Crysis 2 will be good as well. Because of the attention to graphics and fun things like enemy AI and physics and yes, being a tech demo - the game was incredibly fun. It's certainly better than every single FPS I've played on a console and even most on PCs including Half-Life 2.

It is nothing at all like Far Cry 2 which has nothing to do with this company. Far Cry 1 was developed by Crytek and was a great game as well, the spiritual prequel to Crysis. Far Cry 2 was just the name taken by EA and farmed out to Ubisoft Montreal to make into a really terrible game that couldn't decide if it wanted to be a sandbox or story driven game.

The multiplayer on Crysis 2 might be decent as well...theoretically people should know already because there are pirate multiplayer servers up already.

Crysis is not just a normal shooter, it's a very tactical game. I think it's more tactical than Metal Gear Solid and they've increased that part of the game for Crysis 2 with heavy use of your visor, nanovision, stealth, sniping, choosing a strategy, etc.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 02-15-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote