View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #108
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think its a little much that Nenshi winning has been compared to Obama by several of my friends. Yes a visible minority won an election, good for him he ran a good campaign.

My issue with the whole thing is I don't think he is the most qualified candidate for the job, regardless of race or religion. The fact that he was voted in on a wave of social media does more to show how ridiculously reliant our society has become on facebook and twitter to get anything done than any redeeming qualities he has as a mayor. Nenshi has about the same political experience as I do, actually that's not true, he now has 2.5 more days of experience being the Mayor of Calgary than I do.

If we are basing how we pick our leaders simply because of a flashy campaign, and not because of any practical experience needed, then I am going to start a campaign to get myself elected as CEO of Encana. Shouldn't be too hard, all I need is several thousand purple posters to generate some buzz about myself. Even though I don't have the faintest idea how to properly run an oil and gas company, I think that a precedent has been set and I should be given a fair shot at it. Whats the worst that could happen?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote