View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #165
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Or like "international motor cars" in Calgary, reporting any negative review as trolling and getting them removed while stockpiling positive reviews from staff and bots
Hah, good luck getting a Google review removed. It's not easy and it doesn't happen. I think their slew of negative reviews kind of proves that.

International Motor Cars has a 4.2 with 156 reviews. Doesn't seem crazy. Get your friends to write some five star reviews to balance out the bad. Ask customers with good experiences to write reviews and you get a decent score.

As a business, you basically have to figure out a way to balance bad reviews with good. Somebody having a bad day and having a bad experience is way more likely to leave a review (and it will be spiteful, malicious, and 25% true in my experience) versus somebody that has an adequate-to-great experience. You absolutely need to balance out bad reviews by proactively soliciting good reviews. I don't see businesses doing that by using bots - it's too obvious and Google is too smart to let that happen.

But yeah, you can't just let your business sit there with 1.8 stars or something. It'll fata you up way too bad.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote