Thread: Shoulder advice
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #8
Guest1

I have been doing PT for the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure my PT and Chiro's kids are set up nicely for their post secondary costs because of me. I do the exercises and stretches. I've adapted both my stroke and training to minimize impingement possibilities (smaller rotations on freestyle, try not to kick with a board and no butterfly) I have my own TENS machine (doesn't really help much). Even my PT says there's not much he can do... come see him if slides out again or if the pain gets really bad and he can throw in some ultrasound.
All of my injuries have been subluxations, so no complete dislocations. Even my PT jokes I would be better off to make sure I do it completely next time. Many visits to the chiro results in a relocation of the shoulder to where it's supposed to be. It's not just a tendon out of place...
I have both copies of my MRI's (yes, arthrograms) and looking at them and doing research, there definitely doesn't seem to be an obvious SLAP tear. I think those are easy to see on the scan. Other stuff I'm not sure what I'm looking at... I'll see if I can post the good pics on here. My PT was surprised there wasn't one as well. He said the GAGL injury was the likely cause of my hypermobility (loosey-goosey was the term he used)
I appreciate all your guys input. It's just really frustrating not to be able to do what I love and what essentially is the main part of my job (although, knock on wood, I have never had to get wet!)