View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:
Default Cannabis is legal

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902

Figured I'd start a new thread as there's been discussion for a couple years but now we've got a date. It's definitely further away than I thought it was going to be.

Might as well add my post from the Canadian politics thread to add something to the discussion.

CaptainCrunch -
Quote:
Good legalize it, package it put it in liquor stores and tax the crap out of it.

I don't even really think its a thing for the whole criminal underworld anymore with the rise of opiates. Far more addictive, cheap costs, certainly less bulker and easier to smuggle. Plus every few months they can change the formula.
"Tax the crap out of it" is what everyone has said for years when they don't like it but begrudgingly admit that it's the right thing to do, but you can't do that. You tax it properly and accept that it's better for society to legalize it.

If you make it really expensive or tax the crap out of it you're going to lose business to the black market and then what's the point of legalizing it? The idea that the government is competing with drug dealers on price and potency of a drug sounds absurd, but.......the government is competing with drug dealers on price and potency.

Last edited by jayswin; 05-29-2018 at 03:52 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: