View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #594
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Period 1:
- Rittich's pushoff is really quick. Allows him to play a semi-aggressive style without losing his net. Still looks pretty calm and well-positioned.

- Mangiapane has been stronger on his skates than he was earlier in the season. Reminds me so much of Cammalleri.

- Kylington is a neutral ice takeeaway-machine. Also had a knee one-timer on the PP off a poorly placed pass, that was impressive.

- Stockton's been kind of sloppy (Kylington and Morrison both had a pass picked off through the middle, and Wotherspoon/Morrison pairing allowed a breakaway against as well as some other breakaways at other times), though San Diego is such a bad team that it hasn't been a problem.

- Smith had one very good shift where you almost saw some upside. Almost.

- Pribyl is pretty impressive. Plays a type of game the NHL-Flames don't really have, an elusive big body that can keep the puck on velcro.

- Jankowski is a feeder. Every time I see him he is identifying the best place for the puck to go and executing. I just wish he would watch some tape of guys like Jagr, Getzlaf, Thornton, Wheeler etc offensively. Or just Pribyl. A lot he can learn still.

- Poirier with a very nice drive to the net, Morrison fed him with a tip on a nice pass. No Goal though. But it drew a short PP.

Period 2:
- More sloppiness, a 3-on-1-ish for the Gulls. Not really a problem for Rittich though.

- Bollig hasn't been awful in the AHL. This level of play is within his means, unlike the NHL.

- Huska's love of random guys can be so frustrating. Matt Bailey is his new Tousignant this year. Reminds me of Montreal's coach's love of David Desharnais.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 12-03-2016 at 10:09 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: