View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 11:19 AM   #48
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

EEAAO was some of the most fun I had watching a movie in a long time. Was a breath of fresh air for movies for me. I understand people not loving it as it was silly and a bit long. Could have tighten up a bit at the end. I think it was one of the directors that said they are happy to have their film both be an under appreciated darling film and then the most over rated movie of the year.

I thought Top Gun was 4/5 star movie for me. The action is 5/5 the rest of the movie is a 3/5 for me. It's very cheesy, as was the first movie (even more so). I think it deserves the nomination as the action was unreal. I truly appreciate the real world work that went into it. I found much more compelling than Avatar 2 which is basically an animated movie.

I am disappointed RRR didn't get more nominations. It only got nominated for best song. I would have loved to see a nomination for foreign film and/or best picture. It was my favourite movie of the year. Pure cinema in my eyes.

But at the end of the day getting nominations or winning doesn't change the movie. No point in getting worked up about the Oscars.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post: