View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 09:40 AM   #12
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Curious why you say this. He's been excellent of late and isn't that small. Could see him latching on somewhere.
Well first of all, what do I know? I'm no expert.

But I have seen him play live several times through his career though admittedly not this year. At the end of last year, I would have predicted this would be his last year with the organization but he certainly started the year off strong, he deserves credit. Cooled off lately it seems. But I don't think he becomes an NHLer:

- he is a smaller player. That is a factor not just with Sutter.
- he's never going to make it based on his defensive game and motor. This is not Blake Coleman or Mangiapane. AndI just don't think he's anywhere close to elite enough enough offensively to get a look
- he'll be 23 this year

Seems like the kind of guy who can have a nice career playing a level or two below the NHL. Not like the Athletic has him ranked that high, I just think you have more prospects who are bigger unknowns at this point that "could" turn into something. So I think around 15th is maybe what he should be.

The Flames have just been so healthy that you don't see the occasional callups for guys like him. So barring injury, he is down the list.

But he clearly took a step, hope he continues and makes it.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: