Thread: Telus Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #21
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trying to deal with Telus is positively insane. When moving into a new house in mid may, they sent 7 different techs in a 2 week span. None of them knew that someone had been there before them and failed to install internet. None of them knew any details as to why they were having trouble getting internet to our house.

We had spent several hours talking to telus service reps who mostly just passed us along for another 30 minute hold session followed by a new person who needed to identify us and then have our issues explained. One of these calls had a run time of 5 hours and we spoke to 7 different reps... All with the same clueless ambivalence. We finally got some internet through an above ground drop wire that the seventh tech/installer said anyone of the previous guys could have just done if they only knew what the problem was.

They are now saying that the trenching takes over 2 years to get an appointment... I told them I could go tear up my knee, get an ultrasound and a knee surgery in that time frame. She said she didn't know how much it would cost, nor did she know when she would be able to tell us that or when we would be able to get something scheduled. All she knew is that they deleted the recording of when the loyalty rep offered us a cash credit for our internet and that since they are not allowed to do that, it must be made up by me.

Over a 2 week span, I spoke to upwards of 30 telus representatives. 1 of them was able to fix a fairly basic problem. All others had no interest in solving anything. The clearest thing they could communicate in all that time is their annoyance towards me and each other. The thing we heard most often was how the last person we talked to didn't know what they were talking about. I dream of a world where they are forced to compete in their market place and get absolutely rolled.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post: